Elena Angelini Intro to: ways of seeing and talking patterns

At first, since I was in self isolation for the first part of the unit, I drew what I had inside the house; so my roommate’s body from different perspectives and changing styles, giving a different angle to my perception of the human body and it’s shapes. I also experimented with clay, turning objects I had in my house to distorted pieces of furniture that I modeled in a deformed way to highlight the textiles and patterns within the initial piece of furniture.

I later linked my study of bodies to my intrest in portobello road market to draw peculiar people there using different techniques and concentrating on different traits of the individuals. I then made the drawings I started with more abstract, I concentrated on the visuals and colours that hit me, leaving the resting details behind. I arrived to a result that was more a mix of patterns within clothes and visuals around me than a realistic overview of my surroundings.

I think I could’ve played more with edgy perspectives and peculiar angles of things to distort my subjects even more.

1 Comment