MingYang Zhang: Ways of Seeing

In the past month, I may have experienced the biggest blow in my life. My dearest grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. I’m basically between home and the hospital this month. While waiting for examination and hospitalization in the hospital, my eyes were only blue and white, which are the colors of masks and hospital uniforms. After suffering such a huge blow, I began to consider the relationship between human beings and disease, survival and death. At the same time, I tried to do something for my grandfather on a spiritual level.

I try to use various methods to record everything I see in the hospital every day. The crowds lining up to see the doctor are like flowers of life. The dark blue and light blue canopy is the first picture that the patient sees every day. , The light lying on the operating table shines straight into your eyes, and the doctor’s mask is full of words. I don’t know if what awaits you at the end of the operation is survival or death.

In the hospital, people lose their loved ones every day, but the bond between family members will never disappear no matter what.