“Talking Colours”

Colour explosion made using plastic panels and acrylics
Colour composition made using acetate sheets and acrylics
Tridimensional colour composition made using burned acetate sheets and acrylics
Autumnal composition made using plastic panels, acrylics and leaves
Ink colour on cotton fabric
Squirrel sketch
Coloured squirrel
St. James’ Park Lake view sketch
St. James’ Park Lake view with colours
Tridimensional autumnal tree
Tridimensional autumnal tree
London skyline by night
Hydrangeas
Apple
Banana
Persimmons
Charcoals abstract drawing
Juicy Salif by Philippe Stark
Juicy Salif by Philippe Stark with silver details
Abstract collage and doodling
Acrylics on soapstone
Acrylics on soapstone

While I was working on the “Talking Colour” task I enjoyed experimenting with different kinds of media and materials in order to express my ideas related to objects and places surrounding myself. At the very beginning I started being inspired by nature and its astonishing colours during the autumnal season: I wanted to analyze and express the feelings and emotions that natural landscapes can generate in human mind. My first three creations were St. James’s Park Lake view, the squirrel and London skyline by night, followed by a more deep observation about fruit and flowers I could see around me. Later on I started focusing more on the accurate study of colours and how they can be mixed up together to obtain certain visual effects. During the third part of the project I shifted to a more abstract conception which made me try different techniques such as collage and charcoal. What I was most pleased with about the project was perhaps realizing tridimensional works starting from what I did already created in two dimensions with previous drawings and sketches: I made an autumnal tree using sea sticks which I collected during past years, while for its canopy I adopted cotton fabrics which I dyed by myself. Furthermore I painted an abstract pattern on a piece of soapstone using acrylics.

In general I am quite satisfied by the the way I managed to deal with different kinds of media and choose the most suitable for each of my works. To develop my work further I would probably focus on more abstract drawings and sketches. Moreover I believe I gained further knowledge and worthwhile experience while developing this task.